Sunday 8 March 2009

Parish Notes



Apols for the relative lack of blogging in recent weeks. I've been busy with other projects. I have still to totally finish Kevin Carson's Studies in Mutualist Political Economy. I am also ploughing slowly through the Cambridge University Press volume on The English Levellers and their political thought.



I have also updated and revised my article on the European Round Table of Industrialists for publication in the trans-European, anti-EU mag These Tides. That is more or less been put to bed. I am also going to get stuck into an article on the 'Security and Prosperity Partnership' between the USA, Canada and Mexico in the coming weeks. There are also a few obscure subjects I want to look at to see if there is enough for writing meaty articles about.

On a more practical political level, there is a bye-election in the nearby ward of Belsize Park in April 2nd. I would like to help out the Green Party campaign there. The weekend of Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th April sees the AGM of TEAM (the European Alliance of EU-critical movements) in London.

There is also the European/local elections on June 4th. Perhaps even a General Election that day. So it will busy for me until June at least. However, I will try and not neglect this blog.

Finally, a word or two about more eagle-eyed readers may have noticed at the top of the blog. First, 'the flag.' I came across it at Social Memory Complex and it symbolises 'Anarcho-Mutualism'. I quite like the colour scheme- quite distinctive. Really I also should find a Sea-Green flag, the colour of the Levellers, alongside the Red Flag, the Flag of St George, the Black Flag of Anarchism, the Green Flag of Environmentalism and the Red-Black Flag of Anarcho-Syndicalism. However, it could become a bit of a colour mish-mash! Second, the new strapline for the blog is adapted from Emma Goldman ('If I can't dance, it's not my revolution'). Most of the people I cannot stand in politics are pretty humourless, so it sort of indicates (and attracts, hpefully!) the people I would like to work with politically.

No comments: